Robert Bruce is a Principal of Geosyntec and senior consulting engineer based in Southeast Asia. He has more than 25 years of experience managing and delivering complex geotechnical, environmental, and civil engineering/infrastructure projects throughout Asia, South America, and the United States.
His practice focuses on design of environmental remediation projects, site investigation and assessment, and engineering and construction of oil and natural gas exploration, production, and processing facilities. His project management specialties include development of plans, preparation and evaluation of bids, contract administration, construction management, development and implementation of safety programs, quality control and oversight, regulatory liaison, and project controls.
Mr. Bruce offers a unique combination of technical expertise and hands-on construction knowledge that enables him to identify critical path issues and focus resources on developing and implementing practical, technically rigorous, and cost-effective solutions. He has substantial experience in building and managing multi-cultural teams to achieve project objectives.
Recent Project Experience
- $30 million closure of a manufacturing site involving low-level radioactive wastes in Malaysia
- Site planning studies for a proposed LNG export facility in a highly seismic area on the coast of Peru
- Geotechnical evaluations to reduce groundwater impacts around sulfur pads at a major oil facility in Kazakhstan
- On site consultation related to design and construction of an emergency well pad and gas collection system to control a gas well blowout in Bangladesh
- On site consultation for the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to safely neutralize 2 tons of volatile and toxic chemicals at a clandestine amphetamine laboratory at a remote site in Cambodia
Contact Robert Bruce by phone at +60 12 502 7011 or by email at RBruce@Geosyntec.com.