At Geosyntec, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive, equitable and diverse environment for all our employees, clients, partners, and the communities we serve.
Our commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity furthers the continued success of our employee-owned business by developing and advancing meaningful partnerships both internally and with our external stakeholders, enabling our employees to build rewarding careers at Geosyntec. We believe such partnership is essential to our mission—one that involves delivering sustainable and innovative solutions for improving our environment and infrastructure.
Our commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity is rooted in our core values:
- Passion—Our leadership and employees passionately embrace inclusion and diversity in all forms in all they do. Being our Best requires this level of engagement.
- Inclusion—We strive to promote a culture where every employee can bring their whole self to work, where mutual respect and understanding is the cornerstone of our values. We believe that an inclusive workplace enhances our performance and leads to positive outcomes.
- Collaboration—We believe that exceptional teams must value the perspectives of all members. We cultivate a culture of collaboration where diverse teams can achieve breakthrough performance.
- Innovation—Innovative solutions are vital to our unique identity in the marketplaces we serve and the value of the solutions we create. Innovation results from successful collaboration within diverse and creative teams.
- Lifelong Learning—Continuous improvement through a culture of lifelong learning is essential for the long-term sustainability of our business. We are intentional in seeking self-education and external expertise as part of promoting inclusion and diversity.
- Sustainability— We believe that that diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to the sustainability of our company. Correspondingly, our sustainable employee-owned company provides us the freedom to invest in our self-driven values and related goals.
Geosyntec has many established programs to support our diverse workforce, including:
- Diversity Council—We recognize that embodying an inclusive culture is an ongoing journey that requires consistent and sustained investment from all levels across the firm. Our efforts are directed by an internal Diversity Council, consisting of employees who represent various aspects of the firm’s diversity. This independent council works closely with our leadership and Human Resources to provide direction and guidance for our diversity program at Geosyntec.
- Women’s Mentoring Program—This grassroots program is an important avenue for women and gender non-conforming individuals to connect and support each other, by providing helpful resources and mentoring to advance women’s and gender non-conforming individuals’ career development.
- Mentorship and Affinity Program—We are committed to offering mentoring to all employees in all stages of their career. This program connects individuals throughout the firm and delivers impactful mentorship, driven by the employee’s personalized goals.
- Diversity Engagement Channels—Across 80 locations and 15 time-zones we provide a number of on-line forums for sharing constructive content related to diversity. Open communication among employees through these channels raises our collective awareness and affirms our commitment to anti-racism, celebrations of diversity, and conscious inclusion.
- Education and Training Resources—We provide customized resources to educate employees to self-identify and work to eliminate any unconscious biases and move towards conscious inclusion.
- Campus Outreach—We collaborate with diverse organizations on college campuses to network and engage with a diverse group of candidates to increase the diversity of our talent pipeline.
We are committed to the sustained self-examination and investment required to build intercultural competence across our organization, particularly in all of our leaders. We are not done. We are a work in progress with many opportunities to continue to enhance inclusion and build greater equity and diversity.