From our experience in the mining industry, we have become well familiar with the unique challenges faced by extracting surface and subsurface economic resources at hardrock, coal, placer, and aggregate mining facilities. We understand critical decisions associated with addressing environmental and engineering issues throughout a mine's life cycle including exploration, feasibility, permitting, operation, closure, reclamation, and conversion.
We have assisted our mining clients with the objective of solving complex environmental and engineering problems with the goal of reducing life-cycle cost, improving environmental performance, reducing long-term environmental liability, simplifying mine closure efforts, and maximizing post-mine land use and conversion.
Key skills and capabilities that we have successfully implemented for our mining clients have been focused in these key practice areas:
- Infrastructure planning and permitting
- Geotechnical engineering of earthen structures and impoundments
- Water resource management including exploration, development, treatment; reuse, and recycling as it pertains to process water, surface water, and groundwater
- Integrated Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Compliance and Management Systems
- Closure, reclamation, and conversion of inactive mine sites.
- Litigation support and environmental liability valuation for mine owners